The HotStart Taq DNA Polymerase is a chemically modified Taq DNA Polymerase, whose enzyme activities can only be activated after 3-5 minutes of incubation at 94oC. The HotStart Taq Polymerase uses amplification conditions for regular Taq DNA Polymerase, except no polymerase activity will be present before the onset of thermal cycling. This prevents nonspecific DNA amplification and primer dimer formation. The amplified products, up to 6 kb in length, contain single 3’-overhanging-A ends. This allows for TA cloning methods, if the amplified fragments need to be cloned.
The enzyme is available in 200 and 500 unit sizes at a concentration of 5 U/µL. The enzyme is supplied with a 10× Reaction Buffer.
- Low non-specific amplification
- Generate fragments with high specificity
- Sensitivity to low-concentration templates
- Ideal for difficult templates
- Amplification of genomic DNA and cDNA targets
- Amplification of problematic templates
- General PCR applications
- Storage Buffer: 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0 at 25oC), 100 mM NaCl, 1 mM DTT, 0.1 mM EDTA, 0.5% (v/v) NP-40, and 50% (v/v) glycerol.
- Unit Definition: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to incorporate 10 nmoles of deoxyribonucleotide into DNA in 30 min at 74°C.
- Unit Assay Conditions: 25 mM TAPS (pH 9.3), 50 mM KCl, 2 mM MgCl2, 1 mM DTT, 0.5 mg/ml activated salmon sperm DNA, 0.2 mM dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP.
- 10× Reaction Buffer: 200 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.8), 100 mM KCl, 25 mM MgCl2, and other components.
- 1kb DNA Ladder
- 1kb Plus DNA Ladder
- 100bp Plus DNA Ladder
- dNTP Mix (10 mM each)
- dNTP Set (100 mM each)
- Taq DNA Polymerase
- HotStart Taq DNA Polymerase
- ABP HiFi DNA Polymerase
- 2× Taq PCR Master Mix
- 2× Taq PCR Master Mix with Dye
- 2× HotStart Taq PCR Master Mix
- 2× HotStart Taq PCR Master Mix with Dye
- 2× ABP HiFi PCR Master Mix
- SYBR Green I (200× DMSO)
- ROX Reference Dye (25 μM)
- 2× SYBR Green qPCR Master Mix
- 2× TaqProbe qPCR Master Mix