EasyProbes™ DAPI is a commonly used nuclear counterstain for fixed cells that emits blue fluorescence upon binding to the minor groove of dsDNA. Our EasyProbes™ DAPI Fixed Cell Stain is formulated in a ready-to-use solution that is provided in a convenient-to-use dropper bottle. Just tip and drip two drops per ml to stain your cells. DAPI is widely used for nuclear and chromosome counterstain, showing a distinct banding pattern in chromosomes.
- No need to dilute, weigh, or pipette
- Convenient dropper bottle—just use two drops per mL
- Excited by UV light and emits blue fluorescence at 460 nm when bound to DNA
Suggestions for use
- In most cases 2 drops/ml and an incubation of 15 to 30 minutes will give bright nuclear staining; however, optimization may be needed for some cell types, conditions, and applications. In such cases simply add more, or fewer drops until the optimal staining intensity is obtained.
- EasyProbes™ DAPI Fixed Cell Stain is excited by UV light at 360 nm when bound to DNA, with an emission maximum at 460 nm. It is detected through a blue/cyan filter, such as a DAPI filter set.
|Storage Conditions:||4ºC, protect from light|
|Unit Size:||10 mL|
Chan B, VanderLaan PA, Sukhatme VP,
Biochem Biophys Res Commun (2013) 439:247-251
Medin CL, Valois S, Patkar CG, Rothman AL,
J Virol Methods (2015) 211:55-62
Zhao N, Zhang AS, Worthen C, Knutson MD, Enns CA,
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A (2014) -111(25):9175-80.
- EasyProbe™ DAPI Fixed Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Hoechst 33342 Live Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Propidium Iodide Dead Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Green 488 Live Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Green 488 Dead Cell Stain
- EMA (Ethidium monoazide)
- EthD-1 (Ethidium Homodimer-1)
- NucGreen™ live-cell nucleic acid stain
- NucGreen™ dead-cell nucleic acid stain
- NucRed™ live-cell nucleic acid stain
- Acridine orange
- DRAQ5™ Fluorescent Probe