EasyProbes™ Propidium iodide is a commonly used dead-cell stain that emits red fluorescence upon binding to DNA. Our EasyProbes™ Propidium Iodide Dead Cell Stain is formulated in a ready-to-use solution that is provided in a convenient-to-use dropper bottle. Just tip and drip two drops per ml to stain your cells. Propidium iodide is membrane-impermeant and excluded from viable cells. It is therefore commonly used for identifying dead cells in a population, and for counting dead cells, measuring apoptosis, and sorting cells based on DNA content.
- No need to dilute, weigh, or pipette
- Convenient dropper bottle—just use two drops per mL
- Rapid staining of dead cells without wash steps
Suggestions for use
- In most cases 2 drops/1×106 cells and an incubation of 15 to 30 minutes will give bright nuclear staining; however, optimization may be needed for some cell types, conditions, and applications. In such cases simply add more, or fewer drops until the optimal staining intensity is obtained.
- EasyProbes™ Propidium Iodide Dead Cell Stain is excited with a xenon or mercury-arc lamp or with the 488 line of an argon-ion laser when bound to DNA, with an emission maximum at 617 nm. Generally, propidium iodide fluorescence is detected in the FL2 channel of flow cytometers.
|Storage Conditions:||4ºC, protect from light|
|Unit Size:||10 mL|
Extension of Saccharomyces paradoxus chronological lifespan by retrotransposons in certain media conditions is associated with changes in reactive oxygen species.
VanHoute D, Maxwell PH,
Genetics (2014) 198:531-545
Modulation of medium pH by caulobacter crescentus facilitates recovery from uranium-induced growth arrest.
Park DM, Jiao Y,
Appl Environ Microbiol (2014) 80:5680-5688
Mutation in VPS35 associated with Parkinson's disease impairs WASH complex association and inhibits autophagy.
Zavodszky E, Seaman MN, Moreau K, Jimenez-Sanchez M, Breusegem SY, Harbour ME, Rubinsztein DC,
Nat Commun (2014) 5:3828-3828
- EasyProbe™ DAPI Fixed Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Hoechst 33342 Live Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Propidium Iodide Dead Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Green 488 Live Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Green 488 Dead Cell Stain
- EMA (Ethidium monoazide)
- EthD-1 (Ethidium Homodimer-1)
- NucGreen™ live-cell nucleic acid stain
- NucGreen™ dead-cell nucleic acid stain
- NucRed™ live-cell nucleic acid stain
- Acridine orange
- DRAQ5™ Fluorescent Probe