EasyProbes™ Hoechst 33342 is a popular cell-permeant nuclear counterstain that emits blue fluorescence upon binding to the minor groove of dsDNA. Our EasyProbes™ Hoechst 33342 Live Cell Stain is formulated in a ready-to-use solution that is provided in a convenient-to-use dropper bottle. Just tip and drip two drops per ml to stain your cells. Hoechst 33342 is widely used for nuclear counterstaining, cell counting, apoptosis and cell cycle studies.
- No need to dilute, weigh, or pipette
- Convenient dropper bottle—just use two drops per mL
- Excited by UV light and emits blue fluorescence at 460 nm when bound to DNA
Suggestions for use
EasyProbes™ Hoechst 33342 Live Cell Stain may be added directly to cells in full media, or buffer solutions.
- In most cases 2 drops/ml and an incubation of 15 to 30 minutes will give bright nuclear staining; however, optimization may be needed for some cell types, conditions, and applications. In such cases simply add more, or fewer drops until the optimal staining intensity is obtained. In most cases, staining intensity increases with time if cells are not washed prior to imaging.
- EasyProbes™ Hoechst 33342 Live Cell Stain is excited by UV light at 360 nm when bound to DNA, with an emission maximum at 460 nm. It is detected through a blue/cyan filter, such as a DAPI filter set.
|Storage Conditions:||4ºC, protect from light|
|Unit Size:||10 mL|
Medin CL, Valois S, Patkar CG, Rothman AL,
J Virol Methods (2015) 211:55-62
Glynn M, Kirby D, Chung D, Kinahan DJ, Kijanka G, Ducrée J,
J Lab Autom (2013) –
Jürgensen HJ, Johansson K, Madsen DH, Porse A, Melander MC, Sørensen KR, Nielsen C, Bugge TH, Behrendt N, Engelholm LH,
J Biol Chem (2014) 289:7935-7947
- EasyProbe™ DAPI Fixed Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Hoechst 33342 Live Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Propidium Iodide Dead Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Green 488 Live Cell Stain
- EasyProbe™ Green 488 Dead Cell Stain
- EMA (Ethidium monoazide)
- EthD-1 (Ethidium Homodimer-1)
- NucGreen™ live-cell nucleic acid stain
- NucGreen™ dead-cell nucleic acid stain
- NucRed™ live-cell nucleic acid stain
- Acridine orange
- DRAQ5™ Fluorescent Probe