ABP Prestained Protein Marker is a mixture of ten blue, orange or green-stained proteins (10 to 180 kDa) for use as size standards in protein electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and western blotting. The protein marker is supplied in a ready-to-use format for direct loading onto gels; no need to heat, reduce, or add sample buffer prior to use.
This prestained protein marker is designed for monitoring the progress of SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, for assessing transfer efficiency onto PVDF, nylon and nitrocellulose membranes, and for estimating the approximate size of separated proteins that have been made visible with gel stains or Western blot detection reagents. The ladder contains one orange reference band at 70 kDa and a mixture of blue and yellow ribbons at 10 kDa.
Features of Prestained Protein Marker:
• Size range—10 proteins spanning from 10 to 180 kDa.
• Ready-to-use—supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels; no need to boil.
• Sharp bands—color-coded bands of similar intensity for easy visualization.
• Quality tested—each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting.
• Two reference bands—orange at 70 kDa and a mixture of blue and yellow ribbons at 10 kDa.
• Membrane-compatible—colored bands transfer to membranes for Western blotting.
• Monitoring protein migration during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
• Monitoring protein transfer onto membranes after western blotting.
• Sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and western blots.
67 mM Tris-H3PO4, pH7.5, 5 mM EDTA, 2% SDS, 33% Glycerol, 0.02% proclin300.
Note: The apparent molecular weight of each protein (kDa) has been determined by calibration against an unstained protein ladder in each electrophoresis condition.